The Association for the Blind Tel-Aviv Yaffo
The Association for the blind and for the prevention of blindness in Tel-Aviv Yaffo was established in 1956 and has since focused on assisting and improving the status and welfare of the blind and their families. The Association`s management and its manager, Mrs. Ariela Izenberg work completely voluntarily; the Association is not supported by any public or government body, and is funded by donations only.
The Association`s Rehabilitative Activities:
A Sheltered Workshop- A protected employment environment for the blind and the vision impaired.
The Association operates a sheltered factory at 30 Shoken Street, Tel-Aviv. The factory employs about fifty men and women who cannot be employed elsewhere and need a protected environment to work in. Our blind & visualy impaired workers do a variety of tasks, using protected drilling and threading machines, external presses, pneumatic devices and wicker working. The shelter provides an opportunity for the blind to regain their dignity and confidence and to strengthen their position within the family and society. Employees do get payed for their work (in addition to social benefits) and enjoy a warm,loving and welcoming atmosphere.
A Social Club for Blind Visualy Impaired
The Association assists in operating a social club for the blind located at 28 Hagra St. Tel Aviv.
The club offers: